Homebirth in Australia through Hospital Program
Lizzie Mills, is a young wife and mother from Melbourne, Australia who is passionate about birth and shares the birth story of her daughter who was born at home via a hospital sponsored homebirthing program with midwives.
In this episode she discusses
– the vulnerability she felt as her waters broke
– how she dealt with posterior back-ache during a long early labour
– how her pregnancy went, including losing 11 pounds due to morning sickness
– how the hospital supported homebirth program worked
– and ultimately the amazing waterbirth she had with her husband in the tub as support.
Lizzie is a stay-at-home mum who loves motherhood and enjoys sharing the things she’s learning along the way. She talks about natural birth, how to be a good birth partner or support person, breastfeeding and more on her blog LizzieSophia.
You can follow her second pregnancy and birth story on youtube at LizzieSophiaTv
Lizzie talks about natural birth, how to be a good birth partner or support person, breastfeeding and more on her blog LizzieSophia.
Find The Birth Hour sample registry here to see some of my favorite pregnancy, birth and postpartum items.