9 Things I’m Loving Right Now
Just for fun sharing some of the things that are getting me through this pregnancy. I can’t believe I’m already in the third trimester!
Coconut Chia Seed Pudding for a Sweet Treat
I’ve become obsessed with coconut chia pudding since trying it in Hawaii. I use 1 cup coconut milk (the kind from the carton in the fridge section) and 4 tablespoons chia seeds with 1 tsp vanilla extract. Put it in little jars and let it sit in the refrigerator over night then I top it with bee pollen, a tiny bit of sea salt and granola. It’s the BEST grab n go breakfast or sweet treat during the day!
Collagen Powder for Extra Protein
It’s so hard to get all the protein you need in pregnancy (at least for me!) so this tasteless powder is a great way to squeeze in some extra grams without even noticing. Just mix it in your tea and have a glass in the evening. There are actually a lot of studies about the benefits of collagen and how most of us aren’t getting nearly enough.
Young Living Frankincense Essential Oil for my Skin
My skin absolutely freaks out in pregnancy and while breastfeeding and this has been a game changer for me. I just put a drop in my moisturizer (morning and night) and also have a homemade roller that I made from my Young Living Starter Kit with Frankincense, Lavender and Copaiba that my Young Living team calls the Glowstick because so many people have gotten amazing skin support from this combo! Learn more about getting started with Oils in this post.
Floradix for my Iron Levels
I have been singing the praises of this supplement since my first pregnancy 7 years ago when I found out I was anemic and was able to quickly bring up my iron levels with Floradix. Recently when I was sick and off of Floradix for a couple weeks, my iron levels dropped and I’m so glad I am back on it. Also helps my energy levels! You can also add in Chlorophyll which helps your body build red blood cells as well.
Kindred Bravely Simply Sublime Pregnancy/Nursing Tank
I’ve been a fan of the Simply Sublime bra in busty sizing for awhile and am so glad they came out with the tank for us bigger busted ladies recently! Comes in several great colors and it’s my go to top for around the house! I’m also obsessed with their maternity panties. Use code BIRTHHOUR20 for 20% off!
Young Living Lavender and Valor Essential Oil for all the Emotional Support
Read more about my journey with using Oils for Emotional Support on my wellness Instagram account @bumptobabyessentials, particularly this post. I’ve relied HEAVILY on YL oils throughout my pregnancy and am so so grateful for them. I’m always happy to answer any questions about getting started with oils, it’s a total passion project for me.
Earth Mama Organics Perineal Balm for Hemorrhoids
This is a not-so-fun side effect of pregnancy that I’ve dealt with off and on ever since having my daughter almost 7 years ago. I now use this balm as preventive as well as treatment on the regular. Definitely a must have along with their spray for postpartum as well.
Staying hydrated during pregnancy (especially in the summer) is so important and once baby arrives, I tend to become a camel while breastfeeding. Give me all the water! My yeti cup is my best friend that I bring everywhere and always have by my side. I like to use the straw top because I find that I drink way more often that way.
Birth Hour Mamas Group
Last but not least, I’m LOVING our listener supporters group. I’ve been sharing pregnancy updates in the form of audio journal recordings and have also received so much love via our private FB group! Seriously the best group of all time, thanks ladies!!
Buying maternity clothes is so different than any other type of clothing you buy because you know you’re only going to wear them for a short time. Yet, many maternity clothes are actually MORE expensive than your regular clothes. This time around I knew I wanted to mostly focus on clothes that would be comfy for my pregnancy (all during hot Texas weather months) and still be useful for postpartum.
My Requirements for Maternity Dresses
- Comfortable for pregnancy
- Flattering Postpartum
- Unexpected Bonus (can hide bump in early pregnancy!)
These are the brands and dresses that I am loving the most! I’ve been so surprised by how many more options there are than there were 5 years ago when I was expecting my son. I’ve got some great coupon codes for you here too!
My favorite item from Loyal Hana is the Cybelle dress which I have in navy but it comes in a million colors. The flowy-ness of this dress is pure perfection—even at 21 weeks, I can still get away with looking like I’m not pregnant so if you are trying to keep pregnancy under wraps at work or elsewhere this is the perfect dress. It’s lightweight and breathable and has very discreet zippers for nursing (genius!). Oh, and did I mention, pockets! They also have lots of nursing-friendly tops that I have my eye on. They are actually offering 15% off your entire order with code TheBirthHour15 so hop on over and check out their options. Find them on instagram @loyal_hana.
This small business is hitting on all of my requirements and they take the comfy one to the next level! I’m absolutely obsessed with this dress (the v-neck will be perfect for nursing). I have it in dusty rose but I want it in every color! I also love this tunic —looks so cute on my bump but will also be so flattering postpartum. Finally I know it’s not in the dress category but these leggings are the most comfortable I’ve ever worn and the only under-the-bump leggings I’ve ever found to be cute (aka no weird muffin top bulging). They are also offering a 15% off code BIRTHHOUR if you want to check out their entire collection. I have a feeling I’ll be getting a few more items before the end of my pregnancy. Find them on instagram @matronsaint.
Ok, this company is so cool! Humble Hilo not only sells beautiful handmade and unique Guatemalan textiles, they also have an amazing social mission. When you buy from them, YOU get to choose to support projects in child nutrition, education and literacy for women, and microfinance loans for women to start their own small business. They have adorable shoes for kids and adults, gorgeous bags and my new favorite item, the hilo dress (with pockets!!) I have the noche pattern and can’t wait to get the matching mini dress for Adelaide (launches this week!). I love the pattern options for hiding stains (and baby spit up). They are offering 10% off with code THEBIRTHHOUR and you will want to check out their entire site and instagram @humlehilo.
I love the basics bundle option from Storq and these are my more form fitting maternity clothes this pregnancy. They are solid, basic and comfy for every day wear but can also pass as dressy when needed. I also have a couple dresses outside of the bundle and the first time I put on this dress and this dress I literally said out lout “damn!” because I thought I looked so sexy! And that’s really saying something because this was during the beginning of my pregnancy when it’s not totally clear whether you are pregnant or just ate too much pizza for lunch. These two dresses are super stretchy but don’t have ruching so they aren’t obviously maternity wear and could be worn post pregnancy as well. I’ve worn the long sleeve one to a wedding and the tank on several date nights with my hubby. Also super happy to report that they just announced that all new products they make will come in sizes 0 through 2X/22 (going up to 3X/26 in the Fall). They created 15 codes for 15% off when you use THEBIRTHHOUR at checkout. Find them on instagram @storq.
Did I miss any of your favorites? Share in the comments!
Ok, so let’s talk nausea!
Everyone and every pregnancy is different when it comes to nausea—some of you might be queasy off and on for a few hours, while others wonder why it isn’t called “all day sickness?!” A lucky 24% of women don’t get nauseous at all and then they might worry why they aren’t having this symptom! Here’s a few ways I’ve found helpful to deal with nausea.
- Eat smaller meals and snacks more frequently, rather than 3 big meals. Try to eat whole foods but if all you can stomach are some starchy carbs, go with it and hopefully it won’t last more than a few weeks! Potatoes are great for many women.
- Eat first thing. If mornings are worse for you, keeping snacks (like plain crackers) by your bed to eat first thing in the morning before even getting up can help! Also eating protein before bed that takes longer to digest can help.
- Don’t let yourself get hungry! Eat before you’re hungry, even if it’s a small snack.
- Eat mild foods that are more tolerable for your body. Spicy, fatty, or heavy foods may not sit as well, and take longer to digest. I love sandwiching protein in between really bland carbs like a croissant or tortilla.
- Stay hydrated. Lots of water is vital during the entire pregnancy, but sip it often throughout the day rather than chugging huge amounts at a time. Keep a water bottle nearby at work, in your car, and at your nightstand. Consider adding electrolytes as well.
- Experiment with your vitamins. Sometimes prenatal vitamins can affect queasiness so pay attention to whether you feel worse after you take yours and experiment with different prenatal vitamins if necessary. Try taking your vitamin right before bed rather than first thing in the morning, and see if it helps.
- Exercise. It sounds counter-intuitive, but sometimes a walk outside can do wonders. Breathing fresh air, enjoying the sunshine and having a good time can help take your mind off of your tummy and lift your nausea.
- Avoid Stress. I know, it’s easier said than done but aside from hormonal changes, stress/emotions are another potential cause for nausea.
- Be sure you’re getting enough B vitamins, particularly B6. If you have the MTHFR mutation, you’ll need a methylated version.
- Essential oils: This is a new tool that has worked wonders for me with my current pregnancy. I only use Young Living oils for their quality and purity and all of these came in my kit when I got started. Different ones I’ve had success with are:
- 1-2 drops DiGize on belly.
- 1-2 drops Copaiba on chest.
- Peppermint + Citrus Fresh in my diffuser first thing in the morning especially if there are any funky smells going on in my house.
- I use StressAway in a roller on my wrists throughout the day (also great for when there’s a funky smell when you’re out and about.
- Tea: Anything citrus-y or with ginger is great. I love Earth Mama’s Morning Wellness Tea.
- Sea Bands: many women swear by these and I did have success with them on a road trip when I was extra queasy.
I know some women have nausea worse than others and you should definitely always consult with your care provider to make a plan! But, hopefully you find some of these tips helpful or know of someone else who could use this extra help!
The Business Opportunity
Have you fallen in love with Essential Oils and now you want to share with others? With Young Living you can turn that passion into a real income! Our team’s primary mission is to give you the tools and education you need to succeed on your wellness journey with essential oils but we also recognize that making healthy changes in your home doesn’t come for free! Investing in high quality tools such as essential oils, non-toxic household items, supplements and vitamins takes money.
Why I love the Business
I honestly never take on things like this (The Birth Hour keeps me plenty busy!) but the YL team that I had the opportunity to join (and that you can join too!) is so fun & full of knowledge that I couldn’t resist joining them after watching so many friends move up through the ranks all while having a blast! I’ve been actively using the oils in my daily life so much (especially during my pregnancy) that it only made sense to get on board and start sharing my experience. And to be totally frank, working solo on the podcast was getting a little isolating and I am loving having a group of friends both online and locally to share mutual goals with!
With a Young Living business you can:
- Get your products paid for
- Be your own boss and have more time with your family
- Earn up to six-figures a year (You will see so many REAL examples of this on our team! Truly inspiring!)
- Work alongside an amazing community of women leaders and entrepreneurs
- Earn an income that is a direct result of your own efforts and hard work
- Grow real wealth and residual income through the well established business model of network marketing
If you are passionate, team spirited, self-motivated, and looking to make a real change towards financial freedom, our community would love to welcome you to the team! We have all the resources and tools you need to start growing your very own Young Living Essential Oil business including graphics and photos free for you to use, premade oils classes for you to teach, ebooks, ongoing trainings and education, and best of all, a vast community of support and friendship. Honestly, my favorite part—it’s truly so much fun to work alongside these women and celebrate each others successes no matter how big or small!
We equip each of our new members with resources and tools including an online mentorship, and tons of guidance from those who have been right where you are. The beauty of a Young Living business is that it’s designed to foster a community of support. That means that when you decide to grow your business with Young Living and enroll as a distributor, you get free and unlimited access to all of our team resources and community support groups and anyone that you enroll under you will get the same!
So how much are people actually earning with a Young Living Business?
How much you earn in your Young Living business is entirely up to you. Some members are content to earn a few extra hundred dollars a month, while others are looking to earn six-figure incomes and beyond. My favorite part is that when those above and below you succeed, you succeed too! It’s definitely a team effort and you never feel like a salesperson out there alone.
Below is a document that summarizes the average incomes earned by the nearly 1.75 million Young Living members worldwide. Last updated in 2015. Our team is all about helping you reach your goals, whether that be to hit Silver in 6 months, or reach Diamond in 3 years. We have the tools you need to succeed and women who have gone before you and done exactly that!!
The following resources and tools are provided to all of our team members for FREE:
- Online Mentorship
- One-one-one coaching with your sponsor (me!)
- Four different online community support groups just for business builders ranging from an intimate group of around 50 women to a thriving group of over 8,000 active members (led by Casey Wiegand-Royal Crown Diamond leader).
- Our team google drive with scripts, graphics, documents, ebooks and so much more
- Ongoing business trainings through webinars, videos, community groups, and more
- No Glass Ceiling!
There’s room for everyone at the top! Today’s top earners in Young Living started the exact same way that you will –– with a Premium Starter Kit and a dream to make their lives better. Those leaders today have not only built a business for themselves but many have “retired their husbands” and are now working their YL businesses together! You will be able to connect with these women personally in our team groups! It really does matter who you sign up with and our team is the best!
No Uncomfortable Obligations
Unlike many other network marketing companies, Young Living provides a no-strings attached opportunity that is accessible to all! When you build a business with Young Living you are NEVER required to stock up on a certain amount of product, reach a quota, or move at a certain speed. You can do this business at your own pace, and on your terms.
Begin your journey by exploring the Young Living Premium Starter Kit. It’s the ONLY requirement to start earning a paycheck with Young Living. Yes really!
Let’s chat! Connect with Bryn by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org! You can also follow me on Instagram @bumptobabyessentials
Also, explore the Young Living Compensation Plan to learn more about earning an income with Young Living.
Thanks to Bestow, a life insurance company, for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Before having kids I never thought about life insurance because it’s one of those things that just isn’t on your radar until you hear some horrible story about a devastated family or you start having those mom panic moments when you’re in a close call on the highway. You know the ones I’m talking about!
Kids change everything about how we plan for the future and we start to consider important things like buying a house or saving for college but for some reason life insurance still seems to take a back seat even though it’s so important. I think this is because it is so complicated! Many of us may have a group life insurance plan through our employer but that might not be sufficient (read more here). And for me, I became a stay-at-home-mom and all of a sudden, only my husband was covered with life insurance which I was not okay with. I contribute to our family not only as the main caretaker for our kids but also with The Birth Hour as a significant portion of our income.
Life insurance is one of those things that we all know we should have but many of us don’t actually take the steps needed to get on board! I was so excited to learn about Bestow because they are a young start-up that has made it their mission to take the guesswork and annoying aspects of getting life insurance out of the equation.
You can get signed up in about 3 minutes online and there are no phone interviews, physicals or lab tests involved. Bestow has modernized the process by allowing you to sign up for life insurance coverage, if approved, from your phone or computer. (No invasive medical exams or pushy sales agents).
Lucky me, the first place that they launched is Texas so I signed up right away! They will be rolling out in other states in the near future and you can sign up to be notified on their website. Bestow allows people to not only get protection for their family but also help other families who don’t have coverage.
Some quick facts that make Bestow unique are:
- They use an easy online questionnaire and health databases rather than medical exams to determine your medical history allowing you to get coverage in minutes instead of weeks.
- It’s affordable. Being young and healthy is definitely to your advantage when it comes to life insurance. I was able to get VERY affordable coverage for a small monthly fee that gives me so much peace of mind for the future of my family.
- They are able to avoid a lot of overhead by using technology, and the cost savings is passed to the consumer. You can get a plan for as little as $2.50/month for the most basic policy, price goes up depending on coverage and term length. Max coverage is up to $500,000 for 20 years and even that is still very reasonably priced!
- Instead of commissioned agents they use licensed customer care representatives so even though it’s all online, it’s not impersonal. If you have questions, you can get them easily answered. AKA: it’s a better experience.
- They are backed by two huge insurance companies that are both A+ rated which means that you are getting the same quality life insurance policy as the biggest carriers, without having to deal with all of that bureaucracy.
This isn’t the most exciting part of having babies but it is so important and I feel really passionate about sharing it with you! You can learn more here and listen to my chat with their founder at the end of this podcast episode (Ep. 240) as well. I also love this article about buying life insurance while pregnant, where Bestow addresses some misconceptions!
Comprehensive & Evidence-Based Childbirth Course from The Birth Hour
I’m so excited to announce the Mother’s Day launch of THE most comprehensive online childbirth course in existence! We will take you from the final weeks of pregnancy through postpartum and newborn care covering all of the evidence-based information for all types of birth, no matter what you are planning!
Then, we’ve got you covered when you’re going back to work with an additional six module Back-2-Work Breastfeeding Course that you will get completely free as part of enrollment in the Know Your Options Childbirth Course!
Lifetime Access + MORE Bonuses!
Oh, and you get lifetime access to everything! I’ve actually already had a few mamas who are still in the trying to conceive phase sign up because they wanted to be sure to get in on the course while they can! The cart will only be open through Mother’s Day! The first 25 students to sign up will get a special gift in the mail from Earth Mama Organics! Hurry!
Go Here For All The Details!!