Hadar started her pregnancy hoping for a birth center birth for her first born, but midway through her pregnancy a partial placenta previa was discovered. She continued to receive midwifery care through her pregnancy but ultimately required a scheduled c-section because her placenta never corrected itself. Her gentle cesarean ended up being very positive thanks to a wonderful birth team!
Hadar Spector Bio
Hadar Spector is currently a stay-at-home mom who previously spent her career in the hospitality industry. In her free time she enjoys being in nature, spending time hiking or at the beach, listening to documentary style podcasts, and spending time with family. You can connect with Hadar on Instagram at H8er18 or through email at email@example.com.
- The Birth Hour Podcast
- Miraculous Mama’s Podcast with Elizabeth Joy
- Evidence Based Birth Podcast
- Like a Mother: A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy by Angela Garbes
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp
- Amy Rothstein doula services from Little Engine Births
- Lucie’s List
- Reddit Baby Group (you select your month) (https://www.reddit.com + search for your due date month)
- Safe in the Seat
- Safe Kids for car seat check both before and after baby arrives
Cord Blood Registry
Today’s episode was sponsored by @CordBloodRegistry, also known as CBR. CBR has helped millions of parents bank their children’s newborn stem cells. Newborn stem cells have amazing potential for treatments in the future and cord blood stem cells have already been used for thirty years in stem cell transplants. It’s kind of like investing in your baby’s future health.
For a limited time, CBR is offering The Birth Hour listeners some pretty big discounts. Go to cordblood.com and use code: HOUR to get 60% off the Newborn Stem Cell Bundle which includes both cord blood and tissue banking. Visit their website to learn more about how newborn stem cell preservation could protect your whole family and why CBR is the #1 most recommended cord blood bank by families and OB/GYNs.