Hypertension & Three Day Hospital Induction
Brie developed hypertension late in her first pregnancy and delivered her daughter on Father’s Day after an exhausting 3 day long induction at Stanford Children’s Hospital.
Six Hour Home Waterbirth
After a thankfully unremarkable second pregnancy, her son was born at home in a birth pool in their dining room after a powerful six hour labor on Valentine’s Day.
Brie Buxton Bio
Brie is a musical theatre performer and children’s theatre instructor turned stay-at-home mom of 2 in the Bay Area, California.
Photo credit: @samanthanoelphotography
– Birth Hour, Birthful & Doing It At Home podcasts
– Birth Hour Playlist / Spotify
– Hypnobirthing playlists on iTunes
– Book: Ina May Gaskin’s Guide To Childbirth
– Book: Birthing From Within, England & Horrowitz
– Book: Active Birth, Janet Balaskas
– Childbirth/baby care refresher courses
– Birth Doulas & Photographers
– Body Work/Exercise: Pre/postnatal yoga, Acupuncture, Chiropractics & Massage
– Oasis Birth Pools – yourwaterbirth.com
Today’s episode sponsor is Grove Collaborative. Grove makes it easy to discover amazing natural home and personal care products. Grove selects only the best non-toxic products, so you can shop with confidence knowing that everything on their site is good for you, your family, and the planet. Grove’s VIP membership provides our customers with: unlimited free shipping, a free full-sized gift every few months, price match guarantee, and amazing personal service.
Go to this link and when you sign-up you’ll get a free glass spray bottle two-piece concentrates pack to use in the spray bottle, and a 3 pack of microfiber cloths! Grove will add some suggested items to your cart to get you started and you can swap those out for whatever you need for your home.